Zebra HC100 Patient ID Medical Wristband Printer
Have you thought about what laser wristband printing is really costing you? At first glance, laser may seem like an adequate print technology for patient identification medical wristbands or hospital wristbands. But, in reality, the hidden costs as well as staff inefficiencies and frustrations add up fast:
- With laser, the adhesive backing on the medical wristband and label forms can ooze and cause performance problems for the printer. This leads to increased help desk calls and higher maintenance costs.
- Laser toner is expensive, and more toner is used to print high-density bar codes than plain text.
- Laser medical wristband printing can be time consuming and labor intensive. With some laser wristbands, the staff must load forms into a special tray, print labels, apply a label to the band, and then fold a laminate coating over the band to protect the bar code image.
- Many laser forms include extra wristbands and labels that are not needed and must be destroyed under HIPAA guidelines.
Zebra’s new HC Series HC100 Patient I.D. Solution overcomes all of these obstacles. Now your hospital staff can produce and attach long-lasting, antimicrobial-coated thermal bar code wristbands in just two steps. No wasted time with the cumbersome wristband assembly many laser solutions require. No jammed laser printers. No toner. No ribbon. It’s that simple.
Introducing the HC 100 Patient I.D. Solution:
The Zebra HC100 Series Patient ID Wristband Printer is an easy and cost-effective way to improve patient safety This all-in-one print solution combines the reliable Zebra HC 100 Series Patient ID Wristband Printer direct thermal printer with easy-to-load cartridges containing the only antimicrobial coated wristbands on the market—Zebra’s Z-Band® medical wristbands. There’s minimal training required! Pop the wristband cartridge into the printer and the Zebra HC100 Series Patient ID Wristband Printer automatically detects the wristband size, immediately calibrates, and prints.
You get long-lasting bar code wristbands that remain scannable for longer than the average patient stay. When the cartridges are empty, return them for recycling. For optimal printing quality and proper printer performance, the Zebra HC 100 Series Patient ID Medical Wristband Printer or Hospital Wristband Printer is designed to work only with cartridges of genuine Zebra™ Z-Band wristbands. Zebra partners with the leading Admissions Discharge Transfer (ADT) software providers to enable hospitals’ easy integration of our hospital wristbands print solutions. For added peace of mind and a cost-effective way to plan for your annual maintenance expenditures, protect your investment with a ZebraCare™ service agreement.
Patient safety starts at the wrist
Zebra’s HC100 Patient I.D. Solution accommodates our entire line of white and color Z-Band wristbands in both Z-Band Direct with an adhesive tab and Z-Band QuickClip™ with clip closure in infant, pediatric and adult sizes. Bar codes on Z-Band wristbands are proven to withstand water, soaps, foams, alcohol and other common solvents found in a healthcare environment and remain scannable for longer than the average patient stay.
For added patient protection, Z-Band patient wristbands are the only bands on the market to feature our patent-pending antimicrobial coating. Independent lab tests have shown this coating protects the wristband against S. aureus, E. coli, P. aeruginosa, and MRSA Type II, III, and IV the leading causes of hospital infections. Z-Band additionally meets the patient I.D. guidelines of the American Hospital Association, the Joint Commission and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Choose the HC100 Patient I.D. Solution
For a lower total cost of ownership than laser the HC100 Patient Identification Solution uses thermal print technology, which in the long run saves time and money over laser printing.
- Avoid the wasted hospital wristbands and labels that come with laser printing. With the HC100, you print medical patient wristbands as needed. And the HC100 automatically calibrates to the wristband size.
- Laser printing requires expensive toner, and printing bar codes uses more toner than printing plain text. With the direct thermal HC100, there’s no toner and no ribbons.
- Wristbanding with the thermal HC 100 Patient ID. Solution is considerably less labor intensive than with most laser wristband solutions. Zebra’s solution requires two simple steps—print
the wristband and place it on the patient. Many laser solutions require six or seven steps to print and assemble the bands.
- With laser, the adhesive backing on the wristband and label forms can ooze and cause performance problems for the printer. This leads to increased help desk calls and higher maintenance costs.
More information? For more information, please contact us or submit an online enquiry.